MBM Aerocut Velocity – Air Feed Slitter/Cutter/Creaser/Optional Perforating Unit/Digital Print Finishing System
The MBM Aerocut Velocity is the refined model of the MBM Aerocut Classic slitter/cutter/creaser and features enhanced productivity and user-friendliness. Feeding is an important and essential part for any print finishing device. This machine has an innovative patented feeding mechanism, that drastically reduces the risk of double feeds and mis-feeds. An optional perforating unit is located inside for an accurate registration. The Aerocut Velocity is twice as fast and includes more adjustments than base Aerocut Classic with a greater 4” sheet capacity. The robust all-metal construction keeps top level accuracy and finishing quality on every job. It includes 263 preset cutting jobs and up to 150 additional custom programs can be stored in memory. The Aerocut Velocity is an ideal solution for finishing, especially for short-run digital printed applications, such as business cards, post cards, invitations, greeting cards, leaflets, tickets and more. Flex mode allows operators to cut multiple size cards from a page and add the desired number of creases on these. It enables designers and printers to create new aspects of applications. Self-correcting cut mark registration function and air suction feed system ensure accurate cuts every time. The Aerocut Velocity saves times and costs for print shops, in-house printers, commercial printers etc. The Aerocut Velocity uses channel creasing, allowing the machine to offer world-class quality creases on digitally printed stocks. Creasing pressure can be adjusted in 5 levels instantly by shifting the lever. Magnetic paper guides are easily adjustable for various stock sizes. Handy business card collection tray snaps into place for neat stacking of finished cards. The Aerocut Velocity also features 2 single blade slitters to trim the top and bottom margins and 2 double blade slitters for center gutters and precise accuracy. The durable blades cut stocks up to 400 gsm. The air-suction top feeding system easily feeds coated, digital, gloss and other stocks precisely without damage. Includes the new Lytrod Intellicut software to easily impose artwork + address data to seamlessly create PDF layouts with job barcodes and cut marks for the Velocity.
Advantages at a glance
- Intuitive Operation – The 7” touchscreen allows operators to set job programs and run the machine intuitively and instantly
- Flex Mode – Flex mode allows operators to cut multiple sizes of cards from a page and add desired numbers of creases on these. It enables designers and printers to create new aspects of applications.
- Patented Feeding Mechanism – The patented “Tri-Suction Feeding Mechanism” reduces risks of double feeds and mis-feeds drastically, therefore it prevents paper jams and enhances productivity
- Robust Slitters and Cutters – The self-sharpening slitter and blade unit allows the machine to cut up to 400 gsm with no wear.
- Instant Job Change – The Aerocut Velocity can change jobs instantly and is the ideal solution for finishing digitally printed applications, such as business cards, post cards, invitations, greeting cards, leaflets, tickets and more.
- Easy Maintenance – The Aerocut Velocity now has detachable rollers, not only making cleaning easy, but it gives better access to components in case of paper jam.
|Speed, Sheets Per Minute:||20 (Based on 2 cuts and 1 crease on 8.5”x 11”)|
|Sheet Capacity:||4” (Based on 2 cuts and 1 crease on 8.5” x 11”)|
|Paper Weight:||120 – 400 gsm (May vary due to variations in paper and power supply/paper coatings (varnish, UV, laminates, etc.) may limit acceptable paper weight)|
|Paper Size:||8.27”x 8.27” to 14.5” x 26.75”|