Horizon VAC-1000 Collator
The 10-station Standard Horizon VAC-1000 Collator features a patented rotary-pulse vacuum feed system, providing flawless feeding on virtually any stock, at speeds up to 9,900 sets per hour. The system is expandable from 1 to 6 towers, with the ability to run the system in both directions at full rated speed. All system controls are centralized on the simple but powerful icon-based touchscreen console. Accessories include single- and dual-pile stackers, joggers, stitchers and the Standard Horizon SPF-200 series Bookletmakers, offering professional-quality results with high levels of automation for quick, simple changeovers.
Advantages at a glance
- User-friendly Operation by Color Touchscreen and Wireless Remote Control – A large color touchscreen is icon-based for user-friendly operation. The graphical screen guides the user through all set-up procedures with ease. Frequently operated buttons are arranged on a wireless remote control, which is included as standard. The remote provides for collating speed adjustment and start/stop/jog operation and lets you monitor the feeding or delivering condition.
- Powerful Blower for Reliable Feeding – The Horizon blower is 33% more powerful than conventional collator blowers. Vacuum air and blower air can be individually adjusted for a wide range of paper qualities and sizes.
- Wide Choice of Receiving Trays – Choose between the criss-cross receiving tray for signatures, or the stacker receiving tray for large volume collated sets. An optional paper jogger is also available.
- High-power Double Feed Detect Sensor – High-intensity infrared LED’s are employed at each bin for double feed detection. These long-lasting LED’s save the time and cost of replacing individual lamps.
- Connectable to VAC-100/VAC-60H – The VAC-1000 can be connected to existing VAC-100 and VAC-60H towers.
- Connectable to Bookletmaking System – The VAC-1000 can be connected to Horizon bookletmakers to form a complete in-line bookletmaking system.
|Number of Bins Per Tower:||10 (suction-feed)|
|Maximum Number of Towers:||6 (10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 stations)|
|Sheet Size:||Maximum 13.77″ x 19.68″
Minimum 5.83″ x 5.83″
|Paper Weight:||Coated: 20 lbs. to 55 lbs.
Normal 14 lbs. to 55 lbs.
8-page fold signature. Up to 27 lbs.
|Production Speeds:||10 bins: Maximum 9,900 sets/hr.
20 bins: Maximum 6,900 sets/hr.
30 bins: Maximum 6,400 sets/hr.
40 bins: Maximum 5,000 sets/hr.
50 bins: Maximum 4,500 sets/hr.
60 bins: Maximum 4,000 sets/hr.